shootin’ the moon…twenty-eight of fifty-two

Sorry for the late post again this week, I was at home again last night and I forgot to bring my cable with so I couldn’t get at any of the pictures I took this week.

I haven’t started my job yet, apparently the contract documents haven’t come back from MMSD and until then, I have nothing to do.  So it looks like I won’t be starting this week either.  It would be nice to have something to do, but it is nice having the time during the day to work on my chemistry and enjoy the weather and downtown life.

This last Thursday night, after my chem class, I drove up to Stevens Point so that I could work at the MREA Energy Fair on Friday.  We had to be there early on Friday morning to set up, so it made more sense to get up there on Thursday so I wouldn’t have to leave quite as early on Friday morning.  We got there and set up our table and stuff on Friday and sat there to answer any questions and explain what WGBA does.  It was a really nice day and the rain held out so no complaints.  It turned into a long day though; while we were busy in the morning, it really calmed down in the afternoon, and we didn’t have any visitors for the last 4 hours or so.  Allyse and I found some time to walk around and check out the other exhibits, and it was really kinda cool. There’s a lot of cool technology out there, it’s almost hard to take it all in at once.  The part I liked the most was the fact that they don’t sell any plastic bottles or anything like that, its all served in glass containers that you buy or reusable containers that you bring it.  A really good idea, I wish more festivals picked up on that.  Also, if vendors wanted any power in their booths (televisions, lights, etc) they had to be powered by renewables, like PV panels or wind turbines outside of the tents.  Overall, a really good experience, I’d do it again given the opportunity.

After the Fair, Allyse and I headed back to Neenah to spend some time with her family.  Got to see Trevor play some soccer and enjoyed the nice weather outside (and didn’t get put to work…bonus!)  I came home Saturday afternoon because my relatives from MN came down for Fathers Day.  We went over to my grandparents yesterday and played some ladder ball and had some delicious pizza and opened Fathers Day presents.  I cut the grass for my grandparents and we came home around 9:00.

This week’s picture is something I’ve wanted to try for a long time, but downtown there’s too much light pollution, so it had to wait until I came home and had a clear night.  It took a few tries but I really think it turned out pretty awesome.  The detail is just incredible.  Kinda makes a guy feel small, knowing that there is so much more out there that I’ll never have a chance to see or explore.  Lemme know what you think, and if you have any advice/feedback, I always appreciate it!

One thought on “shootin’ the moon…twenty-eight of fifty-two

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s